The 3 main fears students have around exams are:
1) Fear of the Unknown (What will they ask?)
2) Fear of Uncertainty (What does the Q really mean? What do they want in my answer?)
3) Fear of Running Out of Time.
That third one happens because students are writing more than they need to.
And that happens for two reasons:
- 1. Not being sure what will get marks or what the Q really requires – see Fear #2 above – so they end up ‘throwing spaghetti at the wall’ and hoping some of it sticks (gets marks).
- 2. Answering the same way they do every day in lessons or assignments – which is the opposite of what’s required in exams.
And there are 2 super-simple, instantly-actionable solutions that will give your teen back SO much time in every Q in every exam they sit from now on.